This is the semi-daily photo-diary of She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. Expect posts accompanied with blurbs of what happened that day and the occasional pop-culture reference at 9:45AM.

Monday, February 10, 2014

Aurora Sinistra






Nebula button down with cape from SM Department Store
Black cardigan from Gap
Tan skater skirt from Greenhills
Brown combat boots from Marshall’s
Gianni Bernini bag from Macy’s
Vivani wristwatch from Macy’s
Harry Potter bracelet from fandomtrinkets at IG



Today was dedicated to alternative classes—it’s kinda that thing my university requires students to do where they enroll in a class/elective of their choice for one day.

The class I really wanted, however, was already full by the time I tried to enroll. So instead, I enrolled in Fancy Blogging 101 to hear Dominique Tiu (konichiwear.com) and Paul Chuapoco (paultheprguy.com) give tips about fashion blogging and whatnot. Because this was an afternoon seminar, I had the free time to sneak into my first choice: A Journey Beyond the Stars.

Imagine my surprise when I found out that the one of the organizers for the astronomy lecture was Gio (If you’ve read my past few text posts, you’d probably know who Gio is).

The astronomy lecture was beyond amazing. Granted that it was just a basic intro to astronomy lecture, it was still amazing because the speaker related it back to climate change (plus I really miss having science courses, and this was a pleasant change of pace from International Relations). Of course, I asked a lot of questions and probably surprised the speaker when I told him I wasn’t from the College of Science at all. They invited me to join the Philippine Astronomical Society, too!!

Then later, I got to meet two of the prominent blogger personalities of the country and omg they were so nice and attractive (=゚ω゚)ノ Aaaa, but I’m not a fashion blogger though. I don’t really follow or talk about the trends strictly… I only wish to document the clothes I’ve worn (so I don’t accidentally repeat the same outfit next week).

After everything, I hung out at the library with Gio and we watched Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone on my iPad (it’s a good thing he doesn’t know about my blog because whoaa i am absolutely smitten with him).

I just realized how my outfit sort of incorporated my day’s schedule. It’s mainly about astronomy, eccentric pieces (my cape!!!), and Harry Potter afterwards. This is the reason why I love dressing up because when you actually take the time to think about what you’re going to wear, you’re basically thinking about what you’re going to tell the whole world. It’s another form of expression and another form of conversation starters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment