This is the semi-daily photo-diary of She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. Expect posts accompanied with blurbs of what happened that day and the occasional pop-culture reference at 9:45AM.

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Vanished Whiz-Bangs

5:57 AM Posted by Unknown , , , , , No comments

Shirt: Ralph Lauren | Skirt: Greenhills | Jacket: Danskin Now (Walmart) | Shoes: Converse

In case you still haven't figured it out, this outfit is almost exactly the same as the previous outfit. I thought it would be appropriate because I called the last outfit "Wildfire Whiz-bangs". These are the magical fireworks produced by Fred and George, first seen in the Order of the Phoenix. You can't really do anything about those fireworks--when you try to get rid of them with a vanishing charm, they only multiply!

Thus, this outfit is the Vanished Whiz-Bang.


Alternatively, this can also be an allusion to time travelling or a different take on "repeating outfits". If you've been reading my blog for quite a while now, you would know that I started this blog as a log of what I wore so that I wouldn't repeat the exact same outfit the next week (not that I have any particular grievances towards outfit repeating; as my aunt would say "if it looks good and it works for you, then flaunt it."


bow: Pinkbox

See, I even took the accessorizing to the last detail by putting a bow--something that I'm setting out to be a staple piece of my daily outfits from now on (if I can take the over-girliness and the cutesy attributes it gives off).


Apart from outfit repeating, I'm also notorious for pose repeating. I do admit that I'm still uncomfortable in front of the camera (and it's probably going to be something I will forever be). I still feel goofy whenever I do this and finding flattering poses and angles is somewhat hard for me because I don't even see what the camera sees while I'm taking these pictures. These are what some people might call glorified selfies.


I even tried to put a chair on to try setting the focus with low aperture, but it still turned out blurry. Oh well. I really want a camera remote u.u


Or sometimes I would take pictures and it would be perfect and focused--BUT I WON'T BE ON THE PICTURE AT ALL. This can get frustrating sometimes and asking other people to take my pictures is even more awkward.


But sometimes, it works out, so it's all good. I'm waiting for my older sister to come home so we can finally watch Hannibal. If you are reading this and you haven't started Hannibal yet, go watch it now. You won't regret it (well, you might, if you're squeemish about the whole "omg he eats humans" thing).


0 comments:

Post a Comment